[kdepim-users] strange and reproducible kde freeze somehow associated with kmail

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Tue Mar 18 10:31:01 GMT 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008, E. Hakan Duran said:
> Looks like the corruption is the kick-off menu style of Mandriva 2008
> kicker. Once I converted it to regular kde style kicker, the issue is
> resolved. Then I switched it back to the kick-off style, the problem
> recurred. I will submit some information to Mandriva forum.

We had something similar in openSUSE when developing Kickoff.  Kickoff loads
the addressbook so you can search users with it, and where people have IMAP
addressbooks, loading the addressbook causes KMail to load, since it mediates
the IMAP connection.  I don't remember a deadlock problem though.

Will