[kdepim-users] kolab addressbook settings

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 02:13:56 GMT 2008

As a follow-up to my previous e-mail I want to ask the list if anybody
encountered the following problem. As I reported before, the addressbook on
MS Exchange server is located at /Public Folders/INFO_Contacts folder. While
syncing with the kolab server, kmail updates the contents of this folder. If
you browse the folder as an IMAP mail folder using kmail, you see
1776 "e-mails" in that folder, each of which has a subject line containing
the related individuals name. In other words, each "e-mail" is an entry to
the addressbook. The body of the e-mail is as follows:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7652.24">
<TITLE>NAME OF THE INDIVIDUAL HERE</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

</BODY>
</HTML>

As you can see, there is no information such as e-mail address, phone number,
etc. other than the name of the individual in these "e-mail" entries. On the
other hand, using the web interface of the exchange server, you can retrieve
that information.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Hakan