[kdepim-users] IMAP resources saga

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 20 12:56:45 GMT 2008

After a long struggle and lots of help from the postfix-users list I now have
sasl working with dovecot and postfix.  I have confirmed this with a telnet
session, which authenticated 'groupware' by PLAIN method.

I then went back to the kde docs for the client boxes.  I ran kcmshell
kresources and set up the Contacts and Calendar resources.  I enabled IMAP
functionality which created the necessary folders under groupware.inbox.  At
this point, according to the docs, everything should be ready to go.  Sadly,
I still have an empty calendar and addressbook.

I guess there should be something in a log file somewhere that tells me what
is or isn't happening, but I haven't found it yet.

Anne