[kdepim-users] kadressbook lost after crash

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:25:10 GMT 2008

After I attempted to put the dIMAP resources onto this laptop I went to
kontact's Contact page - and kontact crashed.  Since then I have not been
able to use the addressbook.  kontact crashes every time I try it.  From the
command line I get

kaddressbook
QLayout::addChildLayout: layout already has a parent
kaddressbook: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkaddressbook.so.0: undefined
symbol: _ZNK4KABC9Addressee10departmentEv
ERROR: Communication problem with kaddressbook, it probably crashed.

How can I repair this?  Thanks

Anne