[kdepim-users] Is it possible to search multiple IMAP folders in a single search?

Kris Kersten mmmbugs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 21:15:36 GMT 2008

I recently moved all my mail, calendars, todos, etc. from Evolution to Kontact
since I spend most of my time in KDE and enjoy Kontact's integration.  The
transition has been entirely painless except for a single point.  I haven't
been able to find a way to create a search that spans multiple IMAP folders.
For example, I have five IMAP accounts and I'd like to create a "Sent Items"
search folder that matches all messages in all of my five IMAP sent mail
folders.  Similarly, it might be convenient to create a search folder that
catalogues the IMAP inboxes of all five accounts.  So far I haven't been able
to figure out a way to do this.  In creating a search folder via Edit -> Find
Messages, it seems that it's only possible to search either "All local
folders" or a single user-specified folder, be it local or IMAP.  Am I
missing something, or is there no way to search across multiple IMAP folders?

-Kris