[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Mar 23 15:19:22 GMT 2008

Am Sonntag, 23. März 2008 schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Am Sonntag, 23. März 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:

snipped away some lines

> I don't think that this is a problem with the imapserver. May be it
> is time to test dovecot imap server.

So Anne, I tested the dovecot server and it is working like my cyrus
server. I can add a folder for contacts and can store new contacts in
it (with a different user). No problem at all. These contacts are
written (proved it with thunderbird). As I sayd before, I don't think
tihs is a dovecot issue.

> > Meanwhile, for me to think about, can you remember the settings
> > you gave the wizard?  I presume you gave the IP for the host?
> > What about the email question?  I gave it 'groupware at lydgate.lan'
> > - was that right?
>
> I gave the hostname of my mailserver (by the way a CentOS 5.1 too),
> my e-mail address, my username and my password (I don't need that
> on a regular basis because I use kerberos to authentication stuff,
> but the wizzard forced me to enter the user-password.
>
> After that I had to change the usernames (because my username does
> not match my e-mail address) and had to remove the online free and
> busy stuff (kolab has it, but My server currently don't). Then
> everything worked fine (besides the encoding stuff).
>
> > Thanks
> >
> > Anne
>
> Martin

Martin