[kdepim-users] Kontact Outlook Invites Issue - again

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:58:52 GMT 2008

On Friday 07 March 2008 05:18:48 Axel wrote:
> Guys - It seems that there are not many people using KDE PIM / Kmail,
> Korganizer within an Exchange/outlook environment. It really bugs me, that
> this mini feature keeps me of the product :(
>
> Any ideas are very much welcoome :)

I've no comforting words for you, I'm afraid.  It seems very hit-and-miss as
to which versions of kmail and versions of outlook are being used.

http://lists.kde.org/?t=116950476700003
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=117849264025447

And from a personal message to me:
<quote>
This week a co-worker of mine send an invitation
messages from iCal on Mac OS X and my Outlook 2003 could not use it.
The Outlook of another co-worker (I don't know which version that was)
correctly recognized the invitation.
</quote>

Part of the problem, of course, is Microsoft's habit of moving the goalposts
with every version.  Sorry.

Anne