[kdepim-users] Kontact Outlook Invites Issue - again

Axel wintera at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 04:31:38 GMT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I upgraded to the latest KDE/KDEPIM Version on Kubuntu 7.10 (Kontact129, Kmail199, KOrganizer 359). As almost all of my collegues have a Outlook (2000,2003) on Exchange (2000,2003) and I am using IMAP to access email via Kmail, I also need to send invites to outook users.

That, however, does not work and never worked for me. Outlook users receive a standard Email with an attachment containing an invite. However, when opening the invite the buttons appear disabled (Accept, Decline...).

The way it should be is, that the email received by outlook is already recognized as an Invite - so no attachment included - and the user just clicks accept and I am receiving a return mail...

I noticed that in KMAIL Settings the tab MISC and there the area Groupware. I Enabled IMPA Resource functilnality, Enbaled "Mangle From/To headers", "Send invitations in the mail" and I also turned on Exchange compatible inivtaiton naming.

In the calendar actually, I am using the Defualt Calendar. I am not using imap or exchange resources, I guess I could, although its not as important me.

I believe its a mime settings mismatch, but I am really not sure what to do. Does it work for anyone? If so, what are you program, kde, etc settings. Any hints?

In the meantime I got stuck on Evolution, which is very slow and likes to freeze up on me. I really like to move on (and not back to Outlook) :)

Thanks,
Axel

      Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? Versuchen SieĀ“s mit dem neuen Yahoo! Mail. www.yahoo.de/mail