[kdepim-users] KPilot, KMail/Kontact and multiple e-mail accounts

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Wed Mar 5 21:37:00 GMT 2008

On 2/23/08, Martin Ultima <multima at ultimapcs.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Martin,

I'm having a problem syncing my Palm m125 with my e-mail in Kontact.  The
> handheld has the Palm Mail software installed (from the "Bonus CD", since
> it's not built-in on my model) and syncs just fine, except for two
> problems:
>
> 1) It doesn't seem to sync messages from my inbox to the handheld, and

I don't think it does this. IIRC, it only sends outbound e-mail for you.

2) I have two e-mail accounts defined, 'ultimapcs' (for this address) and
> another one for my Gmail account.  I set them up as separate KMail
> identities, and each has the 'Special Transport' option enabled, so it
> only
> sends through its respective SMTP server.
>         The Gmail has been my default, however I recently changed it to
> 'ultimapcs'
> (a private server currently living in my bedroom closet).  I changed both
> the
> default identity and the default SMTP server in my KMail configuration, as
> well as the KPilot mail conduit preferences, however it still delivers
> e-mail
> from my Gmail account, not 'ultimapcs', when I sync from the Palm.

It's been a long time since I've looked at this code, so I honestly don't
remember if there's much in the way of configurable settings for
account-choosing. I don't think there is. You are more than welcome to add
this ability, though. =:)

Besides this, everything works fine:  The Palm syncs nicely with Linux, it's
> worked otherwise error-free since I switched four years ago, and mail
> works
> correctly from my desktop machine.

Excellent news!

--