[kdepim-users] sieve (imap) Problem kde 3.5.9

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Mar 6 21:17:23 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. März 2008 schrieb Günther J. Niederwimmer:
> > Hello,
> >
> > with 3.5.9 I have big Problems with sieve ?
> >
> > The bigest Problem kmail can only work with cyrrus-imapd => 3.5.x
> >
> > Now i can't editing the sieve script :(.
> >
> > I have only a window with the first ~20 lines ?
> >
> > The sieve module can't read the whole sieve script ?
> >
> > The Problem exist also with konqeror sieve://........,
> >
> > can any tell me a workaround ?
>
> Hallo,
>
> I can confirm this bug. With cyrus 2.3.7 and kde 3.5.9 I am not able
> to read a single line of sieve code with kmail or konqueror. There is
> already a bug report (number 155223). But I don't know a workaround.

Volker just wrote in another thread:
This [problems with Sieve - Ingo] has been fixed in all branches now,
the latest sieve io slave should work with older Cyrus versions
(<2.3.11) that are not fully standard conform (which was the default
mode for kde <3.5.8) as well as with newer Cyrus versions and other
standard conform servers (which is what the above mentioned patch
implements).

So possible solutions are:
- Update Cyrus to 2.3.11+
- Downgrade KDE PIM to 3.5.8 (or 3.5.7 ?)
- Compile the latest version of KDE PIM yourself or wait until your
distribution provides updated packages.