[kdepim-users] Editing Handbook

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 07:15:05 GMT 2008

On 19/03/2008, Werner Joss <werner at hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:
> > I see many places where I can change and improve the KDE-PIM handbook.
>  > How does one aquire write access to it? Or should I send my
>  > improvements to someone?
>

> I guess it would be best to first send patches to the appropriate devel-list,
>  which would be kde-pim in this case.
>  once your contributions have been checked and accepted by a regular
>  developer, they will be applied.

Thanks, signing up now. I will lurk a bit before posting, as I tend to do.

>  > I understand that I will need SVN software to access the docs. What is
>  > the prefered SVN software of contributors on this list?
>

> well, svn is basically available at http://subversion.tigris.org/,
>  but you should be able to install it with the package tool of your distro
>  (e.g. aptitude on debian based distros).
>  if you prefer a gui app over CLI, you can additionally install
>  a frontend like kdesvn
>  (http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/kdesvn?content=26589) and use that.

Thank you. My newbie self did not realize that SVN does not need a
special tool (akim to a browser/client) other than installing the cli
packages. I will try to stick to the cli.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.