[kdepim-users] kolab addressbook settings

Till Adam till at kdab.net
Thu Mar 27 08:32:15 GMT 2008

On Saturday 08 March 2008 09:43:10 E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> I have successfully setup a kolab account to a MS Exchange server.
> Everything works fine including calender, ToDo list, journal, etc. except
> kolab addressbook. Although the wizard successfully created a kolab
> addressbook in Kontact, the settings for that is set to "Kolab
> server/Inbox/Contacts". The problem is the actual addressbook location on
> that server is in another directory (Kolab server/Public
> Folders/INFO_Contacts). I can't seem to change this via extended address
> toolbar from Kontact; the kolab server addressbook setttings does not even
> have much options to tweak. Is there anything I can do to point to the real
> location of kolab addressbook, such as manually editing a configuration
> file?

The Kolab clients detect the "special" resource folders by using IMAP
annotations. On the folders they create themselves, they set them themselves,
but if you want to use another folder, you can set it to contain 'contacts' in
the properties dialog of the folder in KMAil, and it should be picked up as an
addressbook henceforth. Making a folder the primary, default contacts folder
for Kolab (as opposed to INBOX/Contacts, or equivalent) isn't currently
exposed in the UI anywhere, in other words you'd have to set the IMAP
annoatation manually, but I don't know if there are tools for Exchange that
allow doing that short of speaking raw IMAP with it.

hth

Till

--
Till Adam
KDAB - platform independent software services