[kdepim-users] filter sending using the wrong account

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Mar 24 21:28:33 GMT 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I don't understand how this is happening or how to fix it.
> I had a filter that kept giving me errors trying to send, saying it
> couldn't connect to SERVER_2, continue or abort.
> the problem is SERVER_2 is not my default smtp server and it had
> nothing to do with the account that the email came from .
>
> I get an email and it is sent to my default account, I create a
> filter moving it to a folder, and redirecting it to my wifes account.
> I recreated the filter, all I did was say move message to folder X,
> and redirect to USER. I am getting the same error message saying it
> can't connect to  SERVER_2. not sure where to look or what to do. You
> don't have an option to select outgoing servers with filters, so I
> just ASSUME that it will pick the server associated with the account
> the email was sent to..

I had a quick look at the source code. There does not seem to be any
code picking a special outgoing server. Therefore I assume that the
default server should be used. I don't know why this does not work for
you. Maybe updating to KDE 3.5.9 helps. If it doesn't help I suggest
submitting a bug report via Help->Report Bug.