[kdepim-users] KMail and File Associations

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.net
Mon Mar 24 07:57:27 GMT 2008

> > So whatever application is downloading it has to either default to the
> > file extension or ask you what to do with the file.
>
> Most odd.  I haven't been following this thread, but, curious, I just
> clicked on the list.  The dialogue popped up asking whether to save or open
> it, and it opened with OpenOffice.

Some days ago I fixed this myself by adding the following line to
the .htaccess file of my project:
AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text odt

The full bug report is here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1906764&group_id=1&atid=200001

I still think that SF should default to correct settings and KDE should
default to a sane strategy if encountering inconsistent situations like this
(mismatch between HTTP content type header entry and file ending).

Greetings

Ronny