[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 22 17:12:37 GMT 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008 16:27:29 Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> > Do I need to import my calendar into that one to give it a start?
>
> Sure. The local calendar is not automatically converted to an IMAP
> calendar.

OK.  I used the import tool and told it to merge with the blank calendar.  On
the server I could see it via the IMAP connection.  I made no progress on the
client box, then, some time later, I asked the calendar to reload.  It
blanked again.  Now I'm wondering whether it had never saved the merged
calendar.  I'll look again at that.

> I suppose the calendar and the address book are still empty. (?)

They are now, but at one point I did have them completely populated.

> Did you already try running kolabwizard as Martin suggests? Maybe the
> wizard does a few things one cannot do via the normal configuration
> dialog. At least that would explain why it seems to be very difficult
> (or impossible?) to setup the groupware functionality manually.

No.  I'm having the day off today :-)  but I'll try that tomorrow.

Anne