[kdepim-users] Kontact does not see IMAP changes

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Wed Mar 5 13:45:48 GMT 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008 12:23:26 pm Paul Waldo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running Kontact 1.2.4 on Kubuntu Gutsy AMD64.  I have a Kontact IMAP
> email account on a separate server.  Sometimes I access this account from
> Kontact, sometimes from Thunderbird, running on a different machine.
>
> When I make message changes with Kontact, say moving a message to trash,
> Thunderbird will see the change and update its display accordingly.  Not so
> the other way around.  If I drag a message to the Trash in Thunderbird,
> Kontact still shows me the message in my Inbox, even after a "Check Mail"
> action.  The only way to have Kontact show the updated message structure is
> to restart it.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Paul

Hmm, no takers...  Maybe if I rephrase...

When Kontact does a mail check, does it scan only for messages it hasn't seen
or does it examine everything in a folder?  If it looks at the entire folder,
what, if anything, does it do about removed messages?

Would Kontact be smarter about external message changes if this were a
disconnected IMAP account?

Paul