[kdepim-users] distro-list and multiple addresses

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Mon Jun 2 22:31:53 BST 2008

On Monday 02 June 2008 15:30, Andreas Roddau wrote:
> Kaddressbook seems to allow multiple addresses for each contact, but you
> can only pick one of them for a distribution list (the "set standard" one
> it seems).  Am I unable to see the forest because of the trees or is this
> a function that is not available?

Seems to,  yeah,  but I have not been able to figure out how to add more than
one.  And worse yet,  I've attempted several times to post to this list about
that with no success.  The initial attempts were caught in some kind of a
spam-trap and when I emailed to list-owner the reply I got back was
inconclusive.

Then I tried to ask the same question in a reply,  and although the list sent
the post to me I never saw any replies nor any acknowledgement  that it made
it to the list either.  Here's the text I'm trying to get a response to:

"Ok,  so I go to add a contact to my address book.

I get the name,  address,  etc. in there and the email address is added
automatically because I selected "add to address book" while right-clicking
on the person's email in a message...

Then I get another email (a paypal one for example) with another email
address from that same person and I want to add that email address to the
record.  I click on the "Edit Email Address" button,  and up pops a small
window that has an "Add" button and I click on that.

Which pops up another smaller window that has a field for me to put the new
address into.  I put it in there,  and then I have three buttons,  "clear" on
the left,  one in the middle that's grayed out,  and "cancel" on the right.

Am I missing something here or is this broken?  Is there some other way to do
what I'm trying to do here?"

Anybody?  I can supply a screenshot if it would help any...

-
M Dakin