[kdepim-users] Kmail and Right-to-Left languages

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Fri Jun 27 08:29:30 BST 2008

I am using Kmail v1.9.6 in KDE v3.5.7 under openSuSE v10.3.

In writing a Hebrew message, all looks correct: Hebrew characters are
displayed, and in the correct order, and lines begin against the
right-hand margin.

The recipient sees something different, virtually impossible to read:
Although the characters are still correct, and lines still begin at the
right-hand margin, the order of the characters is reversed.

It is as though, in English, the name of this list were written
as "sresu-mipedk".

I have not found a way to correct this, and do not see a clue in the
documentation available. I would be very grateful for advice.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on