[kdepim-users] Kmail and Right-to-Left languages

AnneWilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:01:40 BST 2008

On Friday 27 June 2008 10:44:57 Stan Goodman wrote:
> At 12:39:38 on Friday Friday 27 June 2008, Kishore

> > On Friday 27 Jun 2008 12:59:30 pm Stan Goodman wrote:
> > > I am using Kmail v1.9.6 in KDE v3.5.7 under openSuSE v10.3.
> > >
> > > In writing a Hebrew message, all looks correct: Hebrew characters are
> > > displayed, and in the correct order, and lines begin against the
> > > right-hand margin.
> > >
> > > The recipient sees something different, virtually impossible to read:
> > > Although the characters are still correct, and lines still begin at
> > > the right-hand margin, the order of the characters is reversed.
> > >
> > > It is as though, in English, the name of this list were written
> > > as "sresu-mipedk".
> > >
> > > I have not found a way to correct this, and do not see a clue in the
> > > documentation available. I would be very grateful for advice.
> >
> > IIRC Dotan Cohen on this list uses Hebrew. Maybe he knows better about
> > it. I see some RTL script in his signature but i cant tell if it is in
> > the correct order.
>
> Thanks for this information.

I've sent an email to him.  Hopefully he'll get back, probably directly to
you.

> I am very new on this list (first day). Where can I find archived messages
> from him?

I never find it easy to search the archives, but you could start looking at
http://marc.info/?l=kdepim-users&r=1&w=2

marc archive many mailing lists.  Dotan has been a frequent contributor to
several, notable fedora-users.

Anne