[kdepim-users] mbox folder is an maildir folder

Michael Bushveld at gmx.de
Sun Jun 15 13:34:34 BST 2008

Hello

I like to export some mails to an other account and though that the
easiest way would be to create an mbox folder, move the relevant mails
to this and user the mbox file to import it on the other account.

I am using maildir as default. When I create on the to level a new
folder in kmail and confrim that it should be an mbox format - I see no
problems.

But when I da an ls -sl on the command line I see the following:
-rw-------  1 michael users       0 15. Jun 14:30 mboxtest
-rw-------  1 michael users      33 15. Jun 14:30 .mboxtest.index
-rw-r--r--  1 michael users      33 15. Jun 14:30 .mboxtest.index.ids

This does not look like mbox... When I move file to the folder mboxtest
I can make full use of them within kmail but the is NO mbox file with
the data..

I am using Kmail 1.9.9 KDE 3.5.9  -  Was my idea to use mbox to export
false? And even if so - why is there no mbox file?

Thank a lot
Michael