[kdepim-users] Setting up GTD with Kontact/Korganizer?

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Jul 31 16:15:07 BST 2008

Dnia Thursday 31 of July 2008, M. Fioretti napisaƂ:
> Greetings,
>
> Has anybody configured Kontact/Korganizer to implement David Allen's
> "Getting Things Done" method? I'm interested both for personal usage
> and for an article.
>
> If you have any tips, comments, suggestions, thoughts, complaints,
> whatever, that you'd like to share I'd love to read them here on list
> (private email is welcome too, of course)

Hello,

I am not doing GTD on Kontact - use it only home and not find it
necessary (yeah, I know it is against one of GTD principles - sue me ;)
so don't know exactly but:

I am using GTD in work with Outlook. After trying several special
designed plugins resorted to plain Outlook with several twists in
configuration:

- use to-do view as default
- create special categories for GTD
- finished to-dos vanish automatically
- everything else is just accessory to to-do lists

After quick test it is not impossible to do the same with Kontact. To-Do
module has lower usability(*) than its Outlook counterpart but all
necessary features are there.

Note: I am using KDE3 version - in KDE4 To-Do module
looks better (not using it due to some exotic bug with scrolling :( ).

(*)
1. More clicking to perform simple tasks, eg. cration and assigning of
   categories.
2. Better category sorting and organization.

m.