[kdepim-users] mailto link in kmail does not display as expected

dcw dwoody1 at charter.net
Fri Jul 11 08:16:58 BST 2008

I have setup a document in html format that contains a mailto link as below:

<a
href="mailto:dwoody1 at charter.net?subject=message&body=TextInTheBodyOfThisMessage.
%0A">click here</a>

If I look at the html document in konqueror or firefox and click on the mailto
link, the body is displayed in the body of the email (kmail), as expected.

But, when I email the document to myself and click on the link from the
message in kmail the body portion is put in the subject instead.

I have searched the web and the archives of this list and have not found
anything that refers to this behavior of Kmail.

I am using Centos 5.2 with all patches applied, Kde 3.5.x with all patches
applied. Hardware is i386.
Kmail is setup as the default mailer for the browser.

I tested with another mailer and it worked as expected.

Is there a workaround for this such that it would still work for a different
mailer?

Any help will be appreciated.

David