[kdepim-users] Tanzania Holidays

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 17:34:47 BST 2008

On Thursday 03 July 2008 13:59:05 peter roots wrote:
> Hi
> I have been trying to put Tanzanian holidays into my calender but have
> run up against a bit of a problem.
> Some of the holidays are fixed date government holidays - no problem.
> Others are Christian - again no problem as easter exists as an entity
> in the holiday files to work with.
> My problem is some of our holidays are Islamic - Eid al-Fitr for
> example falls on 1 Shawwal.  Is there any provision for using dates
> based on the Islamic calender such as the Umm al-Qura Calendar of
> Saudi Arabia that Tanzania apparently bases its holidays on (though
> often a day later than Saudi Arabia).
> Any ideas would be welcome

Google for 'muslim calendar ical'.  It returns 554,000 entries.  I'm sure
you'll find what you want there.

Any ical file can be read into korganizer as an additional resource.  Ask if
you need help, but it's very simple.  The harder part is looking through
those links for the one most likely to suit you.

Anne