[kdepim-users] Mail backup and Kwallet

falkengeist at surfbest.net falkengeist at surfbest.net
Thu Jul 24 18:03:47 BST 2008

I have two problems and couldn't find a solution to either in the
archives.  The first may be a bug, but it could also be a lack of
knowledge on my part.  I'm using Kmail/PIM under the Xandros
distribution.  The Kmail documentation says that in order to backup
your mail files you only need to copy the -/Mail folder.  I'm not
trying to archive to another folder here, I'm actually trying to
backup to a device to offload from my computer for a true backup.  If
I try to copy the folder to a USB flash drive or a USB hard drive I
get unable to open file
/var/autofs/zip.1/zip.1....10854074.9989.M2m2C:2,S for writing.  If I
try to copy to one of the SATA hard drives on the system it copies
OK.  Am I missing something here?

The second problem is I can not find a way to access Kwallet.  It
appears there are options and ways to change the password, but except
for when I first start PIM I don't see a method for doing this.

Chuck Brigermann