[kdepim-users] Mail backup and Kwallet

Sat Jul 26 13:35:27 BST 2008

On Saturday 26 Jul 2008 5:03:20 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Unless the Fedora guys have changed something, it should still be called
> > kwalletmanager. That's the name used in kubuntu packages and the default
> > when compiled from SVN.
>
> Chuck is using Xandros, so I took a look at the EeePC which runs a cut-down
> Xandros KDE 3.5.  When I open the PIM it asks for the password to open
> kdewallet.  There's no wallet icon in the taksbar, and no wallet manager
> section in kcontrol.  neitheer kwalletmanager nor kdewalletmanager (since
> it refers to kdewallet in the message-box) brings up the manager.  I'm
> wondering if it is a deliberate decision by Xandros to omit the manage

AFAIK, one does not require kwalletmanager to use the kwallet infrastructure.
kwalletmanager is an addon tool used to manage available kwallets. for
example, konqueror, kontact and kopete should be able to store and retrieve
passwords from kwallets even in the absence of kwalletmanager. kwalletmanager
allows the use to see and modify passwords that are stored in the wallet.
--
Cheers!
Kishore