[kdepim-users] Mail backup and Kwallet

Chuck Brigermann falkengeist at surfbest.net
Mon Jul 28 01:59:56 BST 2008

First, I would like to thank everyone for responding to my questions about
backing up the /Mail folder and  about Kwallet.  This is certainly one of the
best mailing lists around.  Not all of them are so friendly and helpful.

The solutions seem so simple (now that I know the answers) I'm almost
embarrassed.  Kwalletmanager does run fine - if it's installed.  I assumed
the Xandros distribution included this since Kwallet started when I started
the PIM.  Not so.  I searched on my Xandros networks and it showed as not
installed.  I downloaded it and now it starts fine.  I need a little time to
get familiar with it and I should be OK.

The best solution for me to not being able to backup my Kmail folders turned
out to be creating a .zip file.  I can move that file type anyplace without
regard to disk format and that gives great flexibility.  I think it would be
nice to put a statement in the manual about this situation.

Thanks again everybody!

Chuck