[kdepim-users] annoying wallet -> problem solved , thanx guys :)

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Feb 21 16:38:16 GMT 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008 at 11:22 am, Anne Wilson penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] annoying wallet -> problem solved , thanx guys :)"

> On Thursday 21 February 2008 16:16:48 Pastor JW wrote:
> > The given description fit the behavior of my Mandriva Powerpack+ 2007
> > installation to a "T".
>
> I have Mandriva 2007.1 Powerpack on one box and 2008 Powerpack on
> this.  In both cases I got to choose whether to use the wallet.

I'm using openSUSE 10.3 and I too was given the option to use the
wallet or not; just like Anne wrote.  I chose to use the wallet for
Kontact and Kopete.

As I always have Kontact running (I reboot my machine infrequently:
every four to six weeks), when I start Kopete I never get prompted for
my wallet's password.

As Anne has stated, there are many distro's which lead to variants and
with variants, different bugs.

As for KDE versus GNOME.  This is the typical `vanilla versus
chocolate' debate.

I think in summary, for people who like to tinker, they use KDE.  For
those who just want some consistency at the expense of possible
inefficiencies, they use GNOME.

When I finally made the switch to Linux as my Host O/S, I tried
GNOME.  I found it didn't allow me to do what I wanted to do.  With
KDE, I am able to configure to my heart's content.

A good friend of mine uses GNOME and he loves it.  In the end, it's
about choices.  That's what Linux gives you.  For better or worst
... choices.  :)

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926          Toll free:  888.459.1926
Fax:   603.720.7723 (US)     Text Page:  pablo_p at blueoakdb.com