[kdepim-users] Kmail with IMAP and Spamassassin: the story continues

Rosalind Mitchell rcm at swimbarrow.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 13:30:01 GMT 2008

I now have kmail happily running with all mail retrieved from the remote
sources by fetchmail, handed over to exim4, laundered through spamassassin,
and returned to exim4 to be distributed to various places in my ~/Maildir
directory where it can be read by kmail, mutt, and anything else I choose to
point at it.  Followers of this saga will have noticed that I have done some
experimenting and reading the friendly manual and ditching procmail, which
was duplicating what exim4 was already more than capable of, and mbox files.
Everything is hunky-dory.  Except...

Spamassassin, which is now running as a dæmon, does a thorough job in its
little way, and when exim4 gets it back it dutifully files it in an IMAP
folder called Hormel (so sue me!).  All well and good, but right now
Spamassassin is being a tad overzealous and lots of sound messages from
technical mailing lists, notably ruby-talk where non-native-English speakers
are in a clear majority, are getting delegated to the Hormel folder.

My question: is there a convenient way I can 'educate' spamassassin through
kmail, given that using the usual spam filters doesn't work with IMAP so far
as I can see?

Rosie
--
Currently Reading McEWAN, IAN: Amsterdam
The Book of Enitharmon: http://swanofkennet.livejournal.com