[kdepim-users] SURVEY: PDA with Embedded Linux?

JW jw at mailsw.com
Tue Feb 19 04:50:51 GMT 2008

On Saturday 16 February 2008 07:09:26 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I'm a little late getting into this thread, but here goes. I am
> willing to send the developer who can get Kaddressbook and Kalender
> syncing to a Nokia 6280 a test device. I'll fork over the cash for the
> device. At minimum, the dev has a new phone and I can sync Kontact
> with my Nokia. I don't even need two-way syncing. Just from Kontact to
> the phone would be fine.
>
> Dotan Cohen

Hey that got me to thinking: now that Nokia owns TrollTech, wouldn't they
donate devices? I mean surely! They can afford it. KDE is the biggest user of
QT, right (maybe I'm wrong here)? Wouldn't it be to Nokia's benefit to help
KDE devs a little in a case like this? I can see the press release:

NOKIA'S ENTIRE LINE OF PHONES NOW KDE COMPATIBLE

2008/nn/nn Nokia announced today that they are the only manufacturer of cell
phones to have their products certified KDE compliant. The entire Nokia
family of cell phones is now able to synchronize with complete functionality
with the KDE PIM suite of applications including . . .

Yeah you get the point.

Isn't there some chief in the KDe tribe who has contacts as TrollTech? Could
someone at TrollTech ask for hardware on the KDE developer's behalf? I mean
c'mon - refurbs, returned devices, used sevices, seconds - can that be too
much for Nokia?

	JW

www.cedarcreeksoftware.com