[kdepim-users] Strange data loss in Kmail

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Mon Feb 11 12:59:12 GMT 2008

Hi,

Anne Wilson wrote:
> happens again.  I have seen it several time, almost always following a crash.
> If you are going to bulk process messages as you described here, I suggest
> that you break the task into smaller numbers.  The number of messages that
> can safely be processed seems to vary between versions and distros.  I'd

Thank you for this piece of information. That explains the huge crash I
experimented when I first tried to switch to Kmail, and that's why I
asked how to clean Kmail places some days ago ;-). I had no time to make
a new try but now I know what I have to look out for when I start again.

Do those crashes exhibit when the filters are automatically applied to a
huge quantity of messages being popped out of the server ? I mean, I
regularly pop several hundreds messages at a time with more than a dozen
filters triaging them: is this a crash opportunity of choice ?

Regards

phep

--
"Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice but to carry on." Stills