[kdepim-users] Kpilot on linspire 5-0h

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Mon Feb 11 17:02:10 GMT 2008

Hi!

On 2/2/08, zinc at mchsi.com <zinc at mchsi.com> wrote:

> I am tying to get data from my PC to go to the sony clie peg-sj22/u
> through Kpilot on Linspire 5.0 v.2 via usb.  I can't get data on the PC to
> go to the clie.  Here is the hotsinc log:
>
> 13:44:26 HotSync Completed.
> 13:44:31 Pilot device /dev/ttyUSB1 does not exist. Assuming the device
> uses DevFS.
> 13:44:32 Trying to open device /dev/ttyUSB1...
> 13:44:32 Device link ready.
> 13:44:33 Checking last PC...
> 13:44:33 KPilot 4.4.6 HotSync starting...

That's enough for me to see. =:) You are using a _really_ old version of
KPilot. Please update to the latest version of KDE (3.5.8 or later) and
kdepim, which should bring the latest version of kpilot along also.

13:44:35 [File Installer]
> 13:44:35 No Files to install
> 13:44:35 [Conduit knotes-conduit]
> 13:44:35 KNotes is not running. The conduit must be able to make a DCOP
> connection to KNotes for synchronization to take place. Please start KNotes
> and try again.
> 13:44:35 The conduit knotes-conduit could not be executed.

The KNotes conduit has not worked in a long time. This, in particular, was a
bad release for the KPIlot<->KNotes communication because the DCOP interface
changed for KNotes, iirc. If you want to synchronize your memos through
KPIlot, I'd suggest using the memofile conduit, which does the same thing,
only with regular text files that you can edit with whatever editor you
like. But first, please update, as stated above. =:)

--
-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-