[kdepim-users] Configuring mailboxes

Rosalind Mitchell rcm at swimbarrow.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 11:23:18 GMT 2008

What I would like to do is: have all my mail picked up by Fetchmail (as it is
at the moment), and have Procmail deploy messages to mbox files in my ~/Mail
directory (as it is when I'm on one of my steampunkish Mutt kicks).  I would
then like to be able to read my mail using either Kmail or Mutt (depending on
whim, or whether I happen to be working in a text console, or whether I am
accessing mail on my machine from a remote location.)  It would be nice if
KMail filters could also go along with this scheme and be in sync with
Procmail.  The general idea is to be able to read my mail easily with any
mail client.

I can think of several ways of doing this, some of which involve setting up
symbolic links and others which involve extensive and tedious reconfiguring
of KMail mailboxes.  It would be nice, and also in tune with Linux standards,
if there was an option in KMail to make ~/Mail the base directory for all
mail, and that may be the case but I haven't found it yet.

How would YOU do it?

Rosie

--
Currently Reading ATKINSON, KATE: One Good Turn
The Book of Enitharmon: http://swanofkennet.livejournal.com