[kdepim-users] ktimetracker 4.1 Plans

Thorsten Staerk thorsten at staerk.de
Sat Feb 9 16:43:29 GMT 2008

On Thursday 07 Feb 2008 4:32:25 am Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> below you'll find our plans for KDE PIM in KDE 4.1. Contrary to what I
>> have been hoping for (and what I have been saying more than once) the
>> KDE PIM applications will not be ported to Akonadi in KDE 4.1. I hope
>> you are still looking forward to the first KDE 4 based release of KDE
>> PIM.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ingo

A lot new is planned for ktimetracker, according to
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan
the following is already complete:
- drag&drop
- managing history
- file management (involving the often-demanded menu item file->load)
- tracking tasks by active applications (your window focus changes -> your
task changes)
- column-specific whatsthis-help
- combined search and add task widget

you may also mark this day, 2008-02-09, in your calendar as the day where
ktimetracker's kontact plugin was ported to KDE 4

There is a now also a comprehensive help on ktimetracker on
wiki.kde.org/ktimetracker where all users can participate in creating the
greatest help texts ever!
regards

Thorsten