[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] How do delay updating incoming mail?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Feb 10 09:40:40 GMT 2008

Please send user questions to the kdepim-users mailing list.

On Sunday 10 February 2008, Gary Kline wrote:
> I've clicked on every place I can find and still do not tell where to
>  tell KMail to wait so many [ N ] minutes to update my inbox.  Where
> should I be looking?   [[ Other than in ~/.kde/*/*/*, that is : -)

I assume you are talking about the inbox of an IMAP account. KMail
updates the list of messages each time you open the inbox and each time
you request an update (with F5 or the corresponding menu entries).

Additionally, you can ask KMail to check for new mail every N minutes in
the settings of the IMAP account. KMail will then update all folders
where the option "Include this folder in mail checks" is enabled.

It is not possible the prevent KMail from updating the list of message
(or to delay the update) whenever you open the inbox. But you could
simply keep the inbox open all the time. To do so open a second KMail
window (via File->New->New Window). Then use the first window
exclusively for the inbox and the second window for browsing all
folders except for the inbox. And whenever you want to update the inbox
simply press F5.