[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] why multiple email in my INBOX?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Feb 10 23:08:03 GMT 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008 12:41:09 Gary Kline wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 10:47:45AM +0100, Ingo Kl?cker wrote:
> > Please send user questions to the kdepim-users mailing list.
> >
> > On Saturday 09 February 2008, Gary Kline wrote:
> > > Hi People,
> > >
> > > Can anybody explain what I did that in the past few days I've been
> > > getting several copies of each incoming email?   Thanks in advance
> > > for any insights.
> >
> > If you are using IMAP and filter your mail with KMail then this is most
> > likely caused by a miscommunication between KMail and your IMAP server,
> > i.e. the IMAP server does not properly delete the messages KMail has
> > downloaded (for filtering), marked as deleted, and then uploaded again
> > as new message (after filtering).
> >
> > Disabling filtering your incoming mail with KMail should fix the
> > problem.
>
> 	Sounds v probable, because I was indeed clicking around somee
> 	days ago.  But where exactly, do I click to disable??  EDIT, FILE,
> 	VIEW, MESSAGE, TOOLS?   I do see some drop-downs about
> 	"filtering, especiallly the ones that I don't think were there
> 	last week about marking mail as Spam or Not-Spam.  IIf this is
> 	right, then YES!!  But again, how do I undo this??
>
> 	danke,
>
> 	gary

I think I found the place that turns off the two filters that I accidentally
turned on early last week.  I discover this by accidentally creating a new
filter on one of the freebsd lists. After some experimentations, I would up
removing the three filters. KMail has been stable for an hour while new mail
has been coming in via sendmail -> imap and to my three MUA's.

Thanks much for your help!!

enjoy,

gary

Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix