[kdepim-users] subject line hidden

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Dec 17 22:00:54 GMT 2008

On Wed December 17 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> The answer is: It's a bug in KMail that might not be easy to fix. It
> might even have been reported already.
great, then it isn't just ME.

> The only workaround I can suggest is to change the sort order of your
> messages to newest first. Otherwise you'll have to live with this until
> you switch to KDE 4. I'm sorry, that I don't have a better answer for
> you.
I can live with that, especially knowing there IS an answer.
I have run KDE4 on my laptop, but that is ubuntu.. I'm not sure my wife wants
to switch her desktop, and she hasn't mentioned this problem. She runs KDE &
kmail. I am running Lenny, and once it becomes stable, I'll STAY with Lenny
for a while. On my laptop, I run bleeding edge, because I don't care:). On my
desktop, I do nightly backups to a 2nd drive, and monthly backups to a USB
external HD, so I can always restore things. My laptop is for trips, not much
on it but the OS.. and /home is on a separate partition.. anyway, I'll wait
for KDE4..

thanks for helping with the troubleshooting!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800