[kdepim-users] A suggestion for kmail

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Fri Dec 19 04:10:37 GMT 2008

On December 18, 2008 01:38:42 pm Art Alexion wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2008 7:57:38 am David Goodenough wrote:
> > I have several email addresses, and which I use for subscription to
> > mailing lists varies according to the subject matter.
> >
> > When I get the first mail from the mailing list, I set up a filter to put
> > the mail into its own folder.  Then I use the Mailing List Manager to
> > recognise which list it is, and to set up the relevant mail address.
> >
> > The one thing that this function does not do, which would be really
> > useful, if to notice which of my email addresses the mail was sent to
> > (and if you have the "normal" Fancy Headers displayed you can not see
> > it), and set the appropriate entry in the folder properties as the
> > default ID from which to send mail.  It strikes me that this would not be
> > difficult to detect and it would be really useful and stop me sending
> > mail to lists from the wrong id.
>
> I'll second that request as my process is identical.

Then it strikes me that all you need to do is look at the X-Envelope-To: field
in your filter. Ingo is quite correct, you can enter this as a filter field,
and it should do what you want. However, since you can already filter the
mail and set the folder properties to include a reply default address, I
still don't see the point, if all you really want to do is make sure when you
reply to a specific email you use a specific ID, unless you're filtering
emails addressed to differing email addresses into the same folder.

bob at rsmits.ca