[kdepim-users] Am I posting in html?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 28 11:43:33 GMT 2008

On Sunday 28 December 2008 11:26:21 brian wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> | I have a problem.  A friend tells me that I am posting html mail to
>
> lists.  My
>
> | kmail is set to NOT send html, and when reading the messages kmail
>
> tells me
>
> | that there is no html, so what is it that he is seeing?
> |
> | Anne
>
> Thunderbird sees two attachments to your message, a 'signature.asc'
> containing your PGP signature, and a 'Part1.2' containing the
> following (minus the quotes)
>
> | KDE PIM users mailing list
> | kdepim-users at kde.org
>
> I know that it's a long shot, but is there any chance that he's
> mistaking these attachments for "HTML mail"?

I doubt it - he's an experienced user.  We have discussed this quite a bit,
and are beginning to have a suspicion about it.  The problem seems to occur
when I reply to a relatively clueless newbie that uses thunderbird, gmail, or
one of the other applications that default to html.  Fedora put the messages
through MIMEDefang - I wonder if that is stripping out html but accidentally
leaving something in that is upsetting the readers?  FWIW, my friend reads in
thunderbird, not in kmail.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this, but I'm grateful to all for the
reassurance that lists are not routinely nuisanced by me :-)

Anne