[kdepim-users] caching passphrases in KMail?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:56:23 GMT 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 18:07:38 Dexter Filmore wrote:
> So I fought my way through a gpg howto and got it working, but how do I
> make KMail cache passphrases?

That's the biggest part done.  Now you just need to add gpg-agent.

Check that you have /usr/bin/gpg-agent
Add 'use-agent' to your gpg.conf file
Add ' eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)" ' to your ~/.bashrc

That will start the agent when you log in, and create ~/.gpg-agent.conf, but
you probably will need to manually enter ' pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-
qt '

That's it, really.

Anne