[kdepim-users] Any Advice on changing from POP to IMAP ?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Fri Dec 12 20:17:32 GMT 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 20:36:04 Robert Smits wrote:
> I'm using KDE PIM Kontact with Kamail on an opensuse 11 64 bit KDE3 system.
>
> I've been using POP/SMTP on my Kmail program for years, but my ISP is now
> offering IMAP. Since I'm using three different computers to get my mail,
> I'm thinking this might be a good idea.
>
> Any comments on the pros and cons of switching from POP/SMTP to IMAP?

just try imap - you won't loose anything :)

as fernando already said, you will have to use smtp for sending mails as
usual.
the advantage of imap is to be able to access your emails from anywhere.
downside is: you will have less space at the server of your isp than you have
on your local storage.
this is the reason why I use 2 imap servers: the one from my isp which keeps
everything I need to access from everywhere, my local courier imap server
where I keep everything else.

werner