[kdepim-users] Kmail is not working with my Cyrus Imap server

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Dec 29 19:28:59 GMT 2008

On Thursday 25 December 2008, Public Mailing Lists wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Kontact is a nice program, and I'd like to use it for my email,
> calendar, etc. I have a Cyrus Imap server (Cyrus Imap 2.2 on Debian
> 4). Cyrus imap runs fine, and I can access it from Thunderbird,
> Evolution, and from Outlook.
>
> Only with Kontact/Kmail (4:3.5.10-0ubuntu1~hardy3), I can't access my
> mail. Apparently, Kmail does not fetch the folder list from the
> server. I can't find any error message. Kmail is just hanging here
> and not doing anything when I click on the folder icon.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this issue? Is there any way to tell
> what Kmail is trying to do, or to get an error message?

Maybe this is caused by the intermittent problems with Sieve and older
versions of Cyrus (cf. [1])? OTOH, this problem should be fixed in KDE
3.5.10 which you seem to be using.

What happens if you click on "Check What the Server Supports" on the
Security page of the settings dialog of the IMAP account? Is "Show only
subscribed folders" or "Show only locally subscribed folders" checked?

[1] http://kde.markmail.org/message/u2d7t2wbybjsczpc