[kdepim-users] viewing html messages

Thu Dec 18 12:47:51 GMT 2008

On Thursday 18 Dec 2008 6:00:40 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2008 12:08:37 Kishore wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 Dec 2008 5:28:24 pm Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > > Is there a default somewhere to view html messages? Especially for
> > > messages that are forwarded, that include html messages. I get lots of
> > > those, from "friends".. then I have to go dig down in the message
> > > structure viewer, find the line that says html, and click on it, to
> > > actually SEE the message.. for instance, my airline always sends me the
> > > flight info with bar code, in an html message, but I have to click a
> > > few times to actually SEE and print the bar code..
> >
> > Settings->configure kmail->security->Reading->"Prefer HTML to plain text"
>
> While we're on the subject of html mail, yesterday I forwarded an html
> message to my husband's account.  When he got it, he could see only part of
> the display - the graphic was not included.  I presume the reason is that
> my kmail is not set to send html mail, so the forwarded message was not
> recognised as such.  He never got the "If you trust the sender of this
> message then you can load the external references for this message by
> clicking here."  Is there any way round this for single messages?  I
> certainly don't want to default to html.

I think that is a bug. I vaguely remember discussing it before. Probably with
a dev but i am not really sure. I think if kmail was showing the mail in html
format, it should retain that format when replying or forwarding. I remember
outlook used to have a setting where you could set it to use the original
mails formatting etc. Things like the background image (The "paper" template
on which the original mail was written)
--
Cheers!
Kishore