[kdepim-users] viewing html messages

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Dec 18 19:49:40 GMT 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 1:14:20 pm Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu December 18 2008, Pastor JW wrote:
> > I filter all html messages too trash anyway if I get them in the first
> > place as I have found that no intelligent beings use html!  :)
>
> that is a bit over the top, sorry. I won't begin to tell others how they
> can/cannot send email. I am happy that some people have even learned to use
> email, even if it is html. I do not think it is my place to tell anyone
> what they can/cannot do. If I filtered all html email to trash, I would be
> cutting off all communication with some of my friends, coworkers, and
> family. Not an option.

Right. Blocking HTML is no solution, and there is the rare instance when HTML
is appropriate.

And in terms of problems, it is usually javascript, and not html which is the
culprit.  Sane mail readers either block/ignore javascript (and its MS
variants) or they give the user the option of turning it on.