[kdepim-users] A suggestion for kmail

Daniel Vérité daniel.verite at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 17:45:37 GMT 2008

	 Ingo Klöcker writes

> There seems to be a Delivered-to header, but I haven't found useful
> information about it.

It's used to detect mail forwarding loops but it's not mandatory.
FWIW, the RFC 2076 has a list of common message headers with comments,
and a more useful updated version is also available here:
http://people.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/mail-headers/mail-headers.html

> If you have a suggestion how to determine the email address the
> message was sent to, I'd be interested to hear it.

There's really no method that would work for all mail servers and
configurations. The bottom line is that it's up to the users to come up
with filters that match whatever field their servers appear to add, if
any!

Best regards,
--
 Daniel
 PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: