[kdepim-users] Any Advice on changing from POP to IMAP ?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Tue Dec 16 11:40:01 GMT 2008

On Mon December 15 2008, Robert Smits wrote:
> Thanks to all of you for outlining pros and cons of changing. I'm rather
> more inclined to go ahead, but how does one deal with your filters,
> antivirus and bogus email? I have more than hundred filters splitting mail
> off into its own folder, and currently am quite happy with clam and
> bogofilter.

when you create the new accounts you have to create new filters.. you can
filter into IMAP folders on the server, or filter to a folder on your server.
On my desktop, I create folders on my PC. On my laptop I create IMAP folders,
so it filters all my email, but leaves it on the server. So when I get home,
I can still filter those emails onto my server..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800