[kdepim-users] Notes don't update in summary view // Crashes...

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Aug 23 22:00:51 BST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, Ned Milburn wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have used KDE-PIM (Kontact) in the past, and recently am trying to
> switch over fully to it.  I think the feature set and usability is
> great. However, there are some problems I am finding:

[snip]

> 2) The program crashes WAY too much.  I use PCLOS (I think it is a
> pretty well-known and quality distro, and there shouldn't be
> problems) and Scim-Anthy Japanese input.  Sometimes the program
> crashes when I switch email folders (for example, I click Sent Mail
> to review an email I sent, and the program exits with an error).  As
> well, many times when using keyboard shortcuts to reply and forward
> emails, the program quits unexpectedly.
>
> What's up??

I'm not seeing such instabilities. So, with the information you gave us,
I can just make a wild guess that it might be related to the Scim-Anthy
Japanese input. It would be great if you could provide us with a few
stack traces that can be created when Kontact crashes. Maybe they give
us a hint.