[kdepim-users] maildir mails gone from the last 2 weeks

martin pimlist at soylent.eu
Thu Aug 21 10:38:45 BST 2008

hi!
unfortunately, the kernel of my computer just crashed and i had to press
reset. kmail was open and i read some mails at this point.

after restart i noticed the kmail config was gone. i immediately unmounted the
partition and did xfs_check and repair, but they found nothing. i backed up my
.kde.
also my filters are gone and my mail from the last 2 weeks, the last mail i
have here is from the 4th of august. i have everything in maildir. i grepped
my .kde for text in new mails but nothing, the files have vanished.
a kmailrc is still there but i dont know if its a new version or if the
current one cant be parsed correctly, quite all settings are gone except of
sending accounts and my identities. im really grateful for every hint. i dont
care about the settings but recovering my mail would be awesome.
thanks martin