[kdepim-users] Importing e-mails, Firefox and Spellcheck?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Aug 11 09:29:59 BST 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008, Jeff OHora wrote:
> I'm new to Kontact having been using Thunderbird, but I really needed
> an integrated Calendar.  While I'm not a programmer and frankly not
> well versed in the technical aspects, I can usually find my way
> around directories and do simple editing of settings.  With that in
> mind ...
>
> The 'Import e-mail' was whited out.  Couldn't import my
> e-mails/folders from Thunderbird. How can I fix this problem or move
> the folders (from where to where?)

Maybe you are missing the email importer. It is called kmailcvt. Try to
install it.

> In Kmail I'm unable to figure out how to get the program to use
> Firefox instead of Knoquerer?  I've looked through various settings
> in Control Panel to no avail.

Look in KDE Components->Component Chooser. Enter "firefox %u". Note,
that this will open all URLs in firefox, even PDF files, etc.

So instead of setting the default web browser to firefox you might just
want to change the application to use for HTML files. This you can do
in KDE Components->File Associations. Look for text/html. If Firefox is
installed then it is probably already listed in the list of
applications. All you have to do is move is up in the list of apps so
that it is preferred over the other apps.

> Lastly, Spellcheck gives me this message:
> >>ISpell/Aspell could not be started. Please make sure you have
> >> ISpell or Aspell properly configured and in your PATH.<<

If ispell or aspell is installed then have a look at the settings in KDE
Components->Spell Checker.

Regards