[kdepim-users] kdeprintd error

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Aug 1 02:40:01 BST 2008

On Thu July 31 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I don't think you mentioned before that it is an HP printer.  Are you
> running hplip?

this is the part of linux that just drives me crazy wild.. Looks like I need
to install pipslite to get this wonderful printer to work. All the
documentation shows RPM files OR source.. so I download pipslite and
run ./configure ( works fine) then make.. make fails:
wrapper.c:80: error: expected ';' before 'header'
wrapper.c:126: warning: implicit declaration of function 'cupsRasterOpen'
wrapper.c:126: error: 'CUPS_RASTER_READ' undeclared (first use in this
function)
wrapper.c:134: warning: implicit declaration of
function 'cupsRasterReadHeader'
wrapper.c:134: error: 'header' undeclared (first use in this function)
wrapper.c:167: warning: implicit declaration of
function 'cupsRasterReadPixels'
wrapper.c:185: warning: implicit declaration of function 'cupsRasterClose'
make[1]: *** [wrapper.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pbc/Documents/software/pipslite-1.1.0/src'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
paulandcilla:/home/pbc/Documents/software/pipslite-1.1.0#

unfortunately I don't have time to track down this issue, so I have to just
keep rebooting to get my printer to print. Sounds like a Windows solution..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800