[kdepim-users] Spell Check

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:31:04 BST 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 13:58, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 April 2008 04:46:15 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I messed up my EeePC to the point where it was sensible to wipe
> > everything and go back to factory defaults.  Later today I'll look at
> > what is there in the raw state.  I'll report back to you whether I needed
> > to do that, or any other steps to get this working.  It might be evening,
> > though.
>
> is this an EePC? I seem to only be getting part of the conversation. Make
> sure you are both CC-ing the list.

I think part of the problem is that multiple copies (to person and to list)
are not always handled well.

Yes, it's an EeePC.

> eepc runs apt right? is it ubuntu? what distro version? I don't have one
> but it should be pretty easy to tell you what you need to do on the cli
> once I have that info. hint (nice thing about the cli is somone can tell
> you exactly what to do in a copy paste. giving gui directions are always
> more error prone.

I can help with anything where you need something checked on the EeePC, but
I'm more familiar with rpm systems.  The EeePC runs a customised xandros,
which is debian based.  Ken is new to linux, so your instructions will have
to bear that in mind.

If you could take over this part of the thread I'd be grateful.  You are
almost certainly better qualified to help him than I am, though as always
I'll give any help I can.  Just let me know if you want some info about the
EeePC.

Anne